Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Aluminum Foil Embossing

School's out for Summer!!! I just love summer vacation! I have time to do all of the things that I am too tired or stressed out to do during the school year! On my first "official" day off I went home to my parents house and spent the day organizing (I store a lot of my school stuff in the crawl space of their basement!), and then there was some time for shopping and card making. My mom had embossed this piece of aluminum foil and applied the luster. Then we were at Michaels and she picked up this fantanstic ribbon by Martha Stewart (on clearance) that matched the background perfectly. When we got home she said O.K. make a card! So, I did. I thought the stamp set Best Blossom from SU would compliment the background as well. So I stamped the flowers in red brick versamagic chalk ink, and cut them out. Then I stamped the leafy image in wheat versamagic chalk ink, and stamped the thinking of you on top (using the stamp-a-ma-jig) using the red brick ink again. I used the circle nestabilities to cut the sentiment out and emboss it. And then glued everything together. It was a trick to apply cardstock on top of the aluminum foil, a stronger adhesive like score tape was needed. Then, I decided to add a little bling, and applied some adhesive pearls to finish it off.



That's all for now, thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment