Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary



I have another SOA sketch for you today. This one was created by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs. The winner of this sketch will receive the new Stamp TV kit AND a stamp set of their choice?! Who wouldn't love to win that ??!! I wanted to use Gina K stamps, but couldn't find a set of mine that would work the way I wanted it to. So, I used this stamp by American Art Stamp called "Couple in Love." I thought this image would go well with the paper line Sabrina by Making Memories, so I chose a background and got started.


For the focal image I stamped it on cream cardstock, and again onto the pin dot charcoal paper from the Sabrina paper pad so I could paper piece the umbrella. Gina K. had a video tutorial on this technique this week. Hop on over to Stamp TV to check it out! I cut out the umbrella and glued it onto the image. Then added some soft color to the image using my copic markers.

For the sentiment I stamped Papertrey's mega mixed messages in true black papertrey ink, and punched it out with the large oval SU punch. I adhered it to the SU scallop oval using pop dots.

For the remaining elements of the sketch I used making memories flowers and prima flowers, for the three circles at the top. For the bottom embellishment I punched out a flourish from ek success, and add some self adhesive pinks gems to sparkle it up a bit!


When I was putting the card together I left a little too much room at the bottom for my liking, so I added this black polka dotted ribbon. Now I am glad that I left too much room, I like how the ribbon looks?! I guess everything happens for a reason!


That's all for now, thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment