Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Verve Sketch for SOA



Hi Everyone! I am enjoying the SOA challenges, I am a sucker for sketch challenges. I have been busy cleaning though, so I have been a bit slow to participate. This is a card I made for the Verve Sketch. I received the Beautiful Kindness and Fluttering By Verve sets for my birthday (I had a very Verve birthday!:) So I was anxious to ink them up. For the focal image I stamped the butterfly in charcoal chalk ink on my white square, then I stamped it again in the light blue and cut it out. After I cut it out I sponged around the edge so you can’t see the light blue edge that is left after cutting. Then I glued this on top of the already stamped image. I matted this on the light blue, then the black onyx paper by Gina K. After this I added the pewter self-adhesive pearls by KAISER. For the scalloped border I used the SU scallop border punch. For the ribbon (don’t remember who makes it, but I do know I bought it at Hancock Fabrics) I tried making a stay put bow. Have you ever tried this?! Very cool, if you haven’t click on this link and watch the tutorial, and give it a try. My Mom found this tutorial for me, thanks MOM!

That’s it for the focal image, on to the rest of the card. The flower border was made using a punch made by Paper Studio sold at Hobby Lobby. And for the sentiment I used the following punches: word window, designer label, and 1 inch circle. The sentiment is from Fluttering By, and I used the same pewter self adhesive pearls. And lastly, the flowery paper is by Heidi Grace, Midnight Kisses Double Sided Cardstock.

I think I covered all of the details. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment