Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pullin' Pastels and a Sketch

This week Gina K had us digging out our chalk sets to create using the pullin' pastels technique. I have never done this, so I had an "oh cool" moment after I stamped my first image. :) I decided to use this technique to make the background for this card (which is also the sketch challenge this week at SCS.) I used pink, purple, and green on top of a dark grey cardstock. After I cut the strips I matted them in dark grey, and then adhered them to a piece of patterned paper from the Basic Grey 6x6 pad, Eva. Then I tied a piece of sheer purple ribbon by Offray around the bottom of the card. For the sentiment I stamped the Get Well Soon from Sincere Salutations and cut it out and embossed it using the classic rectangle nestabilities. I edged this with eggplant ink by Versamagic, added the brads, and then adhered it to the card using pop dots.



That's all for now! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment