Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Accent Color Challenge

This week at Stamp TV the color challenge was to use black and ivory with one accent color. I chose my accent color to be lime green. It is one of my favorite colors and I'm even thinking about painting my craft/office room lime green! I used a patterned paper by Crate Paper on the bottom. For the top I embossed it with Cuttlebug's Victoria embossing folder and a distressed it with antique linen distress ink.

The focal image is from the Enjoy the Sunshine Stamp TV kit and used the drop shadow technique again. This time I dropped the shadow more so it was more evident. For the drop shadow I used Memento new sprout ink and tuxedo black ink, cut it out and embossed it with nestabilities, and then distressed the edges with antique linen distress ink. For the frame I used another nestabilities cut out and embossed. The ribbon is a black satin ribbon with antique white grograin that I ran the antique linen distress ink pad over to match the rest of the card. I also added a sliver of lime green under the ribbon that I edged using a martha stewart border punch.

Card Details:
Stamps: Enjoy the Sunshine GKD
Paper: GKD: black onyx and ivory, crate paper, lime green by paper cut
Ink: Memento: tuxedo black and new sprout, Distress ink: antique linen
Accessories: Nestabilities: petite ovals and labels 4, Cuttlebug embossing folder: Victoria, ribbon: black satin and antique white grograin, martha stewart border punch: Cornice


That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - love those colors together...I'm a lime green fan too! Wish I could wear it, but, ugh, just ugh, it looks awful on me! Great card, Terri!

    ReplyDelete