Thursday, July 1, 2010

Caught a bug?


I was shopping a couple of days ago at my lss, and saw a similar card in their card examples. I thought it was too cute, and had to make one myself. I started with a 4.25x4.25 card base. The next layer I punched out the Martha border punch and then trimmed it to 4x4. I wove a strip of red paper in the border and added black pearls. Next layer I embossed with Swiss Dots CB folder, and punched out a scallop circle using a martha punch. Behind this piece I punched out a 1 inch circle from a black square and adhered it behind the scallop circle. To create the ladybug image I layed down the red piece and traced the circle lightly in pencil so I knew where to stamp my image and after stamping and coloring my image I erased the line. I used pop dots to adhere this piece to the card. I computer generated the sentiment and cut it out with nestabilities.



Hope you like it! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love how you weaved the red through the border punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sooo cute! The border is very cute. Love the red paper woven through.

    ReplyDelete