Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Winter Design Team Challenge Round 2

Oh did I struggle with this card! I had no idea what I wanted to do colors, accents, stamps, nothin'. So last night I found this fantastic pewter satin ribbon, and thought I would start there. The challenge was to use a relative name/word on the card. I went through my binder where I have all of my stamped images and die cuts to find a stamp that would work. I had picked up the "For my Mother" stamp this fall, it is by Endless Creations. So now I knew I was making a card for my Mom using pewter ribbon.... Next, I found some ink that matched the ribbon it is by TLC and it is called graphite. Now for a focal image.... I had my top note die cut on my desk still so I decided to use that, and I have had the Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set that my sister picked up at a rummage for me that I still hadn't inked up. The wheels finally started turning! I decided not to color the image so I simply stamped the sentiment and image on the top note die and trimmed off the side edge. Then I thought a little bit of soft color might be nice so I used very light copic markers to add little touches of color, their so light it's hard to see them in the pictures. For the card base I tried to chose a color the of a hydrangea since I didn't color my image in, and added a little texture by running it through the cuttlebug with the Victoria embossing folder. Next I added my ribbon using a stay put bow, and polished it off with Martha's flourish border punch to compliment the top note die cut at the bottom.



That's all for now, off to clean up my mess! I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving! Don't eat too much turkey!

1 comment: