Saturday, April 16, 2011

Embossing the Top Portion of Your Card Base

I have had a few inquiries about how I embossed the top portion of my card base on this card. I am a visual person so I took a few pictures to show how I did this. First line up your score line with the embossing folder edge to be sure that the embossing goes all the way to the top of your card.
Here it is with the embossing folder closed. Mine looks a little off, it was hard to hold and take a picture.
Place your top plate only over where you want it to emboss. It may be helpful to mark on your embossing folder how far down you want the embossing to be on your card.
Run it through the die cut machine.
And the top portion is embossed.


Happy Stamping!



3 comments:

  1. Uh I have to try this thank you for the tut
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for showing this. I haven't been able to figure it out on my own. Will be using this technique over and over. I also loved the colors of your card - soft pink with the crumb cake (and I am NOT a pink person) but this card is beautiful. Found your site while looking through the Gina K Designs gallery. Love your style, I'll be checking out your blog all the time now. Thanks again. Joan

    ReplyDelete