Sunday, May 29, 2011

CAS Guest Designer

Supplies: Stamps: Elements of Style Paper: Papertrey ivory Ink: SU soft suede and crumb cake, Tim Holtz distress ink tattered rose Accessories: dimensionals, Ranger foam blending tool, dauber, stamp-a-ma-jig, satin ivory ribbon, K&Company pearl brad

This is my card for my guest designer spot on the SCS CAS Design Team. Our challenge this week is to use folded or scrunchy ribbon. I had just made a card with scrunchy ribbon, so I opted for the folded technique.
My card base is ivory and I started by sponging around the edge of the card in crumb cake. Then I stamped my focal image in soft suede. I daubed on some pink ink onto the flowers of the image, and stamped and cut out the bird in the same pink. I stamped the sentiment in soft suede using my stamp-a-ma-jig, and adhered my bird using dimensionals. For the ribbon I didn’t have ribbon that matched so….I made my own. I started with ivory ribbon then sponged crumb cake ink directly onto the ribbon, then tattered rose, then crumb cake again. The result perfectly matched ribbon! :) I haven’t had a lot of practice with the folded ribbon technique so I took some time to get that down. Then I wanted to add a pearl brad so I adjusted my ribbon again. I don’t do a lot of “distressed” cards but this was fun. I will have to do more! If you have some time, come and play along with the CAS challenge this week. :)
Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Terri! You rock at CAS, dear friend!!! Great card, and again, Congrats on your GDT gig at SCS - you are so deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is absolutely stunning! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri this is beyond gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh Terri... so labor intensive! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That beautiful ribbon is sooooo elegant!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete