Monday, April 9, 2012

Double Embossing

I have had some requests to make a tutorial for the double embossed card I made.  If you have any questions, please let me know. 

To begin you will need to pick out your shapes, and make some shims.  To do this cut the shapes out of chipboard two times, and glue them together.  My rectangle is 4.25x5.5.  When you cut this out remember this is how it will appear on your card.  Be sure to place it where you want it to be on your card.
 
Next select an embossing folder, and get your card base ready.  Put your card front in your embossing folder, then put your chipboard shim down.  This is will be the part that you want embossed.

 
Mat Stack: A plate, embossing folder with card front, shim, C plate

Note: I do not put the C plate over the entire card.  I place it over the card front only to avoid any unexpected embossed lines from the cutting plate.  I line up the edge of the C plate to the scored line of my card.

 
This is what it will look like after running it through the cuttlebug.

 
Now the final embossing:  Mat Stack:
A plate, B plate, silicone mat, card front: embossing facing up, nestabilites facing down.

 
Next place the chipboard shims on top of the nestabilities.  (This takes some patience, those buggers like to move just when you have them where you want them! J)

 Last carefully (remember those mats like to move…you may want to use a little dotto adhesive if they keep moving) place the B plate on top, again lining up the edge of the plate with your score line on your card.  And run it through.
And presto! A double embossed frame using your nestabilities!  Time to embellish!  Have fun!!
Here is a link to the video where I recieved inspiration for this card:
Double Embossing Video

If you make a card using this technique I would love to see it, send me a link!

Terri

2 comments: