Saturday, June 30, 2012

Start Each Day With "Whee!"

Supplies: Stamps: My Favorite Things: Start Each Day With "Whee" Paper: Lucky Limeade, ivory, Jillibean Soup  Ink: Memento tuxedo black  Accessories: early espresso ribbon, La Mode flower button, baker's twine, copic markers, Sizzix embossing folder, My Favorite Things die namics simply scalloped

Wouldn't it be great if that is how each day started, maybe after some much needed caffeine?!  I'm not what you call a morning person... 

I made this card for the guest designer challenge being held by My Favorite Things.  The challenge being a sketch!  I love sketch challenges and I have been wanting to use this stamp for awhile.  So I thought I would give it a go.  I kept it clean and simple as I always do, I love the ivory space!  I did jazz it up and added some texture using an embossing folder to compliment the girl's dress.

For my focal image I paper pieced her dress, and colored the rest of the image with copic markers.  I was going to add the sentiment in a banner below the focal image, but I thought how fun would it be to cut it up and put it on the pennants!  For the banner part of the sketch I found a super cute flower button and tied it onto my ribbon with more baker's twine.  Lastly I added the scalloped border using the simply scalloped die namics die cut.

That's all for now, thanks for stopping by!

Terri

1 comment: