Friday, March 7, 2014

Celebrate Carnival Style

Supplies: Stamps:  Feeling Sentimental  Paper: early espresso, burlap paper, Distress watercolor paper Ink: Black Staz On, Distress Ink: faded jeans, peacock feathers, wild honey, peeled paint  Accessories: stampin up button, K & Company twine, water spritzer, heat tool

The inspiration for this card came from the current CASology challenge, carnival theme,  and a tutorial I watched by Jennifer McGuire: Distress Ink Bleed.  It looked like fun, and I gave it a try on this card.  I would have liked more of the blue on the stamped image, but didn't want to redo it.  So I added a blue accent in the twine.  I cut the banner from burlap paper, what a cool product that is!  And I received a pin from a friend on this button treatment.  Loved the look and thought it would be great on this card. 

Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Stamping!
Terri

3 comments:

  1. Super pretty card. I love how that distress ink bleed looks on your ferris wheel. I saw that same tutorial, and plan on giving it a try, too. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool ferris wheel. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete